Presentation National High School (P.N.H.S) is all Girls, all Boarders Post Primary Institution located in a serene environment in the suburb of Benin City, Edo State. It was founded by the Catholic Archdiocese of Benin City on the 21st of November, 1989, with Most Rev. Dr. P.E. Ekpu, (now Archbishop Emeritus) as its First Proprietor.
The school was founded to aptly respond to the unending search of parents for a school that not only provides a holistic and all round education, but one that gives utmost attention to moral rectitude. This it does in an environment that gives room for personal creativity on the part of the students, but discourages unhealthy competition that tends to make others look inferior.
Since its foundation, the congregation of the Sisters of the Sacred Heart of JESUS (SSH) has been highly committed and deeply involved in the character formation, education and moral upbringing of the students’ vis-à-vis complementing in the area of school administration.
We also have a team of seasoned, reliable and dedicated teachers who are not resting in their oars towards ensuring that the students are given qualitative and all round education.
The current proprietor of the school is His Grace, Most Rev. Dr. Augustine Akubeze, the Archbishop of the Metropolitan See of Benin City, while the current Principal is Rev. Sr. Elizabeth Uchendu, (SSH). Our school’s motto is “postistas ex-scientia” which means “knowledge is power” The school has been a recipient of several State and National Awards. It has also excelled in different state and national competitions. Here are some of the Awards and laurels won by the School for the past three years:
- 3rd Position (National) in Abuja Expo 2012 in a project titled “The Ethanol Cassathem Plant”
- 3rd best school delegation at the 8th Nigerian International secondary schools Model United Nations (NISSMUN) Conference , Abuja 2012
- 1st position, West African Examination Overall best Result (2012).
- Award of excellence from Hallmark of excellence, Lagos for having overall best WASSCE Result in 2012.
- 1st position, free choice project, (Senior Category) at the Festival of science held in Idia College, Benin City, Edo State.(2013)
- 1st position in Free Choice Project Mobil-Stan Organized National Quiz and Project Competition held in Uyo, Akwa Ibom (2013)
- 1st position in the society of Petroleum Engineers SPC Science Competition for Secondary Schools in Edo State in 2013.
- State champion 2013 Essay Competition: Global Warming, the days after tomorrow.
- State champion STAN Team Project 2014.
- State champion in Quiz Competition, STAN 2014 for secondary school in Edo State,
- 2ND position in the society of Petroleum Engineers SPC Science Competition for Secondary Schools in Edo State in 2014
- State Champion, NTA Benin Expo 2015 (Science Project);
- Over the years, Presentation National High School has proved itself to be first among equals by way of the Academic Excellence it has maintained consistently over the five past years. This has been clearly demonstrated by the ratings of the 1,000 best schools in Nigeria, carried out by the African Brand Review in conjunction with the West African Examination Council (WAEC). Beside the previous ratings, in 2016, Presentation was rated the best “Only Girls High school in Nigeria that has consistently made it to the top ten for four consecutive years, namely: 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015. This year, the Institution is rated among the top ten best performing schools in Nigeria (platinum category number three) by the above body, and also the best in Edo State. While giving the glory and honour to God who is too faithful to fail, we remain indebted to our dedicated team of staff and ever studious Students.